Each year, there are 40,000 residential fires due to electrical wiring, claiming more than 350 lives, causing thousands of injuries from shocks and burns, creating 2 million and personal property damage. Electrical receptacles are responsible for 40 deaths and 5,300 fires.
Electricity is our most mysterious form of energy. You can’t see it, hear it or smell it, but you sure can feel it!
Electricity seeks the easiest path to the ground, trying to find a conductor, such as metal, wet wood, or water. Humans are conductors, since 70% of the body is water. So, if a person touches an energized bare wire or faulty equipment while grounded, electricity will instantly pass through the body to the ground, causing a harmful, potentially fatal shock.
Don’t Be Shocked:
- It is estimated that 70% electrocutions could be prevented.
- 32% of all deaths caused by residential electrical systems are as a result of faulty cords and plugs.
- Electrical burns to the mouth accounted for half of the injuries to young to your children.
- Electricity can kill in one second.
Treat electricity with the respect it deserves. Never assume anything! If you experience an electrical fire, please call the professionals at SERVPRO of Gainesville. We have years of know-how dealing with homes and businesses that have had extensive fire, soot and smoke damage, and we know what it takes to restore your Hall County residential or commercial property, “Like it never even happened.” Call us 24 hours a day, no job is too small to big for our team. We are always here to help at 770-536-1010.